Friday, May 28, 2010

Lazy/Busy month, All play no write. Time to work.

OK, I had May off from Annabelle. My writer juices flowed and I really wanted to start Myths. I actually wrote the 1st paragraph! But I got distracted a lot and cruised through Bandon Mull's Fableheaven 3.

In short, I took a break. Looking back, knowing what I need to change in Annabelle, I'm glad I took the break.

So the cast of Myths will remain as notes and an outline. So will Justin Tyme and his students. They are only concepts. Kyle Phillips and the story of Multi Mart remain as notes, too. But after these three months, I'll play in those other sand boxes.

I got my notes and mark ups from Editor Jennifer. Whew! She liked my changes! I did good. I did catch onto her thoughts and did move in the right direction.

But now it's time for fine-tuning. There are a lot of things I need to focus on.
Structure, characters, pacing, transitions and dialog. More problems that others have mentioned, some others have missed.

This is good. I'll pull up my sleeves and get my hands dirty. I hope I'll finally get these lessons.

No comments: