Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Speaking to the 6th grade

I’m getting pretty busy with my next set of edits and the speaking event is getting further and further away. I’d better give you the highlights.

My wife was absolutely wonderful. The day before she spent the entire day getting custom bookmarkers and posters made up. Now I have a humongous picture of Annabelle. I also have a giant stock male vampire pic I got from the web that really looks like Dominic.

Mr. Kelly arranged for me to speak to the entire 6th grade. It was fun! I really enjoy talking about my book and the journey I’ve taken to become a writer.

The kids had an assembly just before and seemed pretty tired so there weren’t as many questions as times past. Also, my nerves got the better of me and I stumbled through it, speaking too fast and reading too long. I really need to practice this more.

All in all it was a great experience and I’m grateful to the teachers and faculty of West Elementary for this great opportunity. I can’t wait to do it again next year.

No comments: