Thursday, May 06, 2010

Signs

Ok, I’m not the superstitious type, but something weird happened to me today.

There are three songs that inspire me to carry on with writing; “The Climb” by Miley Cyrus, “Go the Distance” by Michael Bolton and “Someone’s Watching Over Me” by Hilary Duff.

So I’m plugging away on my drawing redlines when “The Climb” plays. I’m thinking to myself “Yes, I really need to use this month off from Annabelle to start writing something else.”
But I know me. I’ll say that, but actually sitting down and writing is another thing entirely.
A few songs later “Go the Distance” plays and I chuckle. I figured if “Someone’s Watching Over Me” plays, then I’ll take notice.
It was the very next song. My mouth dropped open and I stared at my Windows Media Player in mute shock.
Ok, I get the message. Get back to writing!
Then, as if to direct me on purpose, “The Mummer’s Dance” by Lorena McKennit plays. That’s my official song for my Myths novel.
Fine! Don’t have to his me over the head with a dwarven made axe. I’ll begin Myths.
Sheesh. The lengths some have to go through to get me writing!

No comments: