Tuesday, February 04, 2014

A tribute to my dear friend: Kirby



My friend,

I'm sorry.

I'm so sorry. I don't know exactly how old you were. I know you were old, and tired, and blind. You might have been in a great deal of pain, but if you were, you never said anything. It was never your way.

No. Your way was obedience,acceptance, loyalty and love.

You turned blind. You were tired and I don't know how much farther you could handle life. "Life". It wasn't as good as it could have been for you in these last months. I know it was getting harder. And it would've gotten worse.

That's why we let you go today. That's why you left us to go to a world of peace and joy. A world of sight and love. But we can't follow you there. And we miss you. I miss you.

After Sophie was killed we searched for someone to love. We found you and you gave us more love than we imagined we could ever have. When we brought in Coco you jumped right in and trained her. Now she is the best alpha and so very loyal. A trait she learned from you, my friend.

You have been at our side and we will never, ever forget you.

Good bye my friend.

No comments: