Monday, April 01, 2013

The A to Z Challenge! A is for Annabelle!




Welcome to the first day of the A to Z Challenge! I'm excited about this because it's a chance to have a post every day!


I could have picked a theme and for the most part I'll be showing you my worlds and characters, but some times I'll break away from that. I didn't want a theme to hamper my creativity.

Today's letter is A.

Of  course who else could I feature but she who started it all. The vampire child that did what no other character in my head could. She somehow convinced me that I should share her story with not just a small group of friends, but the world, making me take chances I never before took.


As the main character in my Night Children series, Annabelle Foresight has had blog entrees devoted her who she is, her story and life.  But seeing as the A to Z posts really should be special, I want to do something different.

So for this time only, I will share with you art and photos that I have customized. They are not mine and if the owners of the original pieces complain, I will remove them. But for now I want you to have a glimpse into my head, over eight years ago, to the various pictures I customized. I used these to help think of Annabelle and focus on her character.








These are all Kirsten Dunst in the role of Claudia, the vampire child from Interview With a Vampire. That was the movie that inspired me to create Annabelle in the first place.

Hope you like them.

Talk to you tomorrow.

5 comments:

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, the child vampire... such a strange mix of beautiful and creepy, eh? I haven't seen those movies, but I remember the character from the books--so angry at being a child FOREVER.

Scott Bryan said...

Yup. Ann is lucky though. In my world they age 1 year per 100 years so they know one day they'll age.

Sherry Ellis said...

She certainly is a pretty vampire!

Unknown said...

Interesting. Found your blog on the A-Z challenge...I look forward to reading the rest of your posts!

Scott Bryan said...

Thanks guys! Hope you like what I've got in store for you.