Tuesday, April 02, 2013

The A to Z Challenge! B is for Bats!



Today on the A to Z Challenge:

B is for Bats. I love them. They flutter and hang upside down and are so cute in their fur!

Of course my affection for bats really started after Annabelle came into my life. Every vampire author has to be Anne Rice. They all have to say that vampires turning into bats is silly. Well I way "Why? Wouldn't there be far more story if you show that ability and the good and bad of it?"

Anyway, here are some bat pictures I collected on the web...



6 comments:

Jemima Pett said...

I love bats too. We get Daubenton's bats on the river near us. They have hairy, almost webbed feet and fly low over the river dangling their feet to catch surface level insects. Cool!!
Happy AtoZing!

Jemima at Jemima's blog

Scott Bryan said...

Thanks for the comment! That must be amazing to watch!

Anonymous said...

I love their squished faces of the vampire bats - you can see where they got some ideas for certain nosferatus!
My favorite is to be outside at dusk and watch them flit by, I love that they are cleaning the air of all the bugs - go bats!

Unknown said...

Bats are indeed cute. Especially baby ones wrapped in little pastel blankets :)

Scott Bryan said...

Every once in awhile I'll catch them playing through the countryside at dusk and feel almost like it's a good omen.

Unknown said...

I love bats too. I don't understand how people can fear them so much. A fellow writer visiting on the A-Z bloghop.