Friday, February 15, 2013

Interview with the authors of The Beautiful Creatures


I do love a good paranormal adventure. Now I'm not as thrilled for teen girl paranormal romance, but we shouldn't judge books by their covers or what we think they're about. Actually this cover looks pretty cool, but I digress.

My wife and kids all want to see the movie. We'll be late for it cause it's not presently in the budget, but we'll try to see it. As for the book, I want to read it ASAP now that I've read a certain article.

Go here to read an interview with the two authors. It's on io9.com. Meredith Woerner has a great interview where we discover how and why authors Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl wrote this book.

Now as a struggling author, it is frustrating that they stumbled upon publication and already had an "in" by knowing someone who could pitch it to an agent. Things aren't that easy for the rest of us.

But I can't fault them for their luck or contacts. They didn't even plan on being published. It was just a dare they did with their teenager friends and family.

But the authors mention an interest in video games, Doctor Who and comics. Sheesh! That has to mean their story rocks. At least I hope so.

So it's on my must read list. I'm not sure if I'll get it from the library or just buy it.

No comments: