Saturday, December 22, 2012

Book Review: The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan




As always, Rick Riordan entertains us with exactly what we want in a Percy Jackson book, strong characters in lots of edge of your seat action. It’s great to see Percy, Annabeth, Piper, Jason, Frank, Hazel and Leo back. This is the first time all seven leads share in an adventure and I find the blending of characters and personalities to be perfect.

Most get their own chance to narrate but the one I was interested in was Annabeth. This is her book and we’ve never before had a chance to get in her head. Now we do and I find it to be just as good a place to be as Percy or any of the others. I feel for her troubles and cheer for her victories.

Of course there is a surprise cliffhanger. It serves its purpose because now I’m desperate for the next installment!  All in all I give this book a 10.

No comments: