Wednesday, August 01, 2012

What I'm reading


Thought I'd drop a quick note that I'm enjoying Watership Down by Richard Adams.
Back in 1980, this was one of the first books I ever read. I loved it and have had fond memories ever since.

I haven't, however, reread it in all this time. Rereading it has been wonderful. My daughter Katelyn had to read it for English last school year and I decided to read it fresh after all these years so we could better talk about it.

I'm enjoying it. I forgot how wordy Adams is in his description. I tend to wander when I read heavy description so I've had to catch myself. I do the same things with Tolkien. Despite this, Adam's characters are strong, believable and once again I love sharing adventures with Hazel, Fiver and Bigwig all over again.

Anyway, got to get back to the bunnies.

No comments: