Saturday, January 23, 2010

I won a contest!

I won the "First Line" contest. I'm excited because the prize is a copy of Jeff Herman's Guide to Book Publishers, Editors & Literary Agents. I'm also jonesed because I won a contest!

It'll help me in my search for agents after the next set of edits.

I'm embarrassed, humbled and honored.

I feel silly, too. As writers know, all thoughts are to be underlined. That first line was a thought and the underline vanished once it was posted. Not to mention I did add the other lines when I should've only added the first.

Regardless, I'm very grateful. It means a lot. Currently I'm taking this book back to basics and trying the professional editor route. After it's polished further, I'll be agent hunting again. Jeff Herman's book will help a great deal.

Go to The New Literary Agents blog to see their announcement!

No comments: