Friday, April 13, 2007

FAN-FRICKEN-TASTIC! GREAT NEWS!

I received a request for my partial and I'm in the contest!

I entered a Hook contest at Fangs Fur and Fey. Now published authors will look at the first two paragraphs of my query and post it online, with serious thoughts that can help me improve it. I got in! Can't wait to get my email stating what number I'll be.

Here’s the recent post on the Fangs Fur and Fey site.

Now, for even better news! I got a request for a partial! YES!

Now I'm going to be practical about this. It could end up being a rejection still. I must expect the rejection.

But still, getting my foot in the door is the first battle!
I hope those first four chapters hook her. I feel greatly confident about the first chapter, but the second one (Family entering the New World), second and third ones (there's a mystery in town.) and the forth one (AAIIE! There's a spooky cabin on our land at the mysterious 'witch' rumors are true!) worry me greatly.

Actually, only chapters 2-3 worry me. If I get a ton of rejections this time I'm going to condense them and rework them.

So, today is a very good day. :)

No comments: